HARIVIHAR HERITAGE HOMESTEAD

Příbytek Bohů

- Kerala, Calicut

Název Harivihar doslovně znamená "Příbytek bohů". Toto 170 let staré královské sídlo, které bylo pečlivě obnoveno se nachází v přístavním městě Calicut, v jihoindickém státě Kerala. Calicut byl vstupní branou pro známého portugalského cestovatele a objevitele Vasco de Gama, který právě zde 20. května 1498 vstoupil poprvé na území pohádkové Indie. Harivihar je bývalý královský panský dům postavený kolem roku 1850 královskou rodinou Kadathanad, která v té době vládla severní části státu Kérala. Byl postaven v souladu s principy Vasthu, v tradičním Padina jitta stylu (stavba je orientována na západní stranu). Na jihozápadní straně je situován rodinný chrám zasvěcený Bohyni Durga a na severo-západní straně se nachází velký rybník, který byl celoročním zásobárnou vody a využíval se na plavání a koupání. Harivihar nabízí svým hostům jedinečný zážitek z pobytu v prostředí ovlivněném tradicemi místní kultury. Součástí kulturního dědictví je i ajurvéda a jóga - dva velké indické přínosy pro lidstvo. Harivihar je státem certifikovaný ájurvédické resort. Je držitelem certifikátu "Green Leaf" pro ájurvédské procedury a Panchakarma terapii.

contact us

 
SPIRIT - Lidé a jejich osudy
DR. SRIKUMAR
STORY - Příběhy   na cestách
HARIVIHAR HERITAGE HOMESTEAD
STYLE - Styl a zážitek
ABODE OF DIVINE

HARIVIHAR HERITAGE HOMESTEAD

INDIA, KERALA, CALICUT

Příbytek Bohů

Harivihar which literally means abode of the divine is a 170 year old painstakingly restored royal heritage homestead located in Calicut, the old seaport city in Kerala through which Vasco de Gama entered the fabled Indies.

Photo: Harivihar

STORY - Příběhy  na cestách

HARIVIHAR HERITAGE HOMESTEAD

Harivihar is a royal manor-house built around 1850 by the Kadathanad royal family, who had ruled the northern parts of Kerala. They had built the house to facilitate their children’s’ education, which was not easily accessible in those days.The house was built according to Vasthu principles in traditional padinijitta (west-facing) style, as was prevalent then. On the south-west side was the family temple with Durga as the presiding deity, and a large traditional pond on the north-west side with perennial water supply, was used for swimming and bathing. The house had a main block, southern wing (thekkini) and northern wing (vadakkini) and there was a central courtyard separating the two wings and the main block.

In the late 1940s, Dr. K.P.Appu Nair, who was trying to establish his medical practice in Calicut, bought the house from the royal heirs for a sum of twenty eight thousand rupees. The house was named ‘Harivihar’ and he moved in with his forty-member-strong extended joint family. During those days, the matriarchal system was still prevalent among the Hindu Nair community and hence  joint family living was in vogue. They continued to live there till the 1980s, when Dr. Nair and family moved into a more centrally located house in town, and the joint family system was on the wane.

Harivihar gradually fell into a sad state of neglect and dilapidation brought about by the ravages of time and nature; when in the year 2001,the present inheritors (Dr. Nair’s grandchildren) decided to restore the house to its former glory. The restoration was completed in two years’ time and was meticulously carried out, without in any way, altering the character or the structure of the house.

As a family-owned business, Harivihar ayurveda resort was formally opened to guests from February 2003 onwards and has ever since been receiving guests from all over the World.

PŘIHLASTE SE K ODBĚRU NEWSLETTERU!

Vyplněním tohoto formuláře Vás zařadíme do seznamu odběratelů, kterým budeme pravidelně zasílat novinky.

Jméno
Příjmení
E-Mail
Captcha